Thursday, November 4, 2010

Diving Raptor

I've decided that for my first post I would show a short, rough animation I made a couple of months ago. Video, frame by frame, and explanation after the jump!








I started with my character on the board



The anticipation

Starting the jump, a small stretch on the legs

Jump in the air

Landing, small stretch

Second anticipation for the jump

Jumping off the board, large stretch

The jump

A nice pose with some more anticipation

Drop the gut a little to show gravity taking its course

A nice stretch and smear

Final smear off screen

Let the board finish its wobbling

And done
A very simple fourteen frames and a little bit of timing later and you've got a nice diving animation.

4 comments:

  1. Nice, better than anything we did in digital graphics & animation. WOOBATY WOOBATY WOOBATY WOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have this animation in a video format? I'd like to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok the youtube vid at the top didn't load until I posted the previous comment, XD. But it's throwing an error.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Nick! Woobaty woo!

    And it isn't working for you, Josh? I just tried it and it played. :(
    PS y'all should follow me!!
    Do it!

    ReplyDelete